Sunday, April 22, 2007

Nervous

Another positive test, stronger this time (First Response), at 4 a.m. I wasn't going to tell Mr. Spouse till normal getting-up time but I woke him getting back into bed so I blurted it out. He has forbidden me to do any more tests - and he doesn't know about the Friday one.

I would prefer just to curl up in bed and hide for the next week, but I'm not sure this is a good idea, and Mr. Spouse has forbidden it anyway. Unfortunately we have the most boring - but potentially argumentative - planning session ever with our department, lasting two days and taking place at a hotel about an hour from here. All the (numerous) men will get very drunk and ask why I'm not drinking. The women will congregate in the spa (which was my idea, originally) and ask why I'm not in the steam room. And it's kind of been suggested that it would be antisocial for me to book a massage. I am really not keen - I wasn't before, but now I'm afraid I'll start bleeding, and crying, while I'm there.

Still a little crampy, which I don't like. At all. But no bleeding or spotting. I'll ring the nurse tomorrow and ask about that (perhaps she'll tell me to go to bed? you think? no?) and also about doing a couple of blood tests, which they said they do sometimes do at 5 weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for you.

That's all, really. Fingers crossed.

I'll be thinking of you this week.

Thalia said...

The docs may well write you off work if you want them to. If you don't feel up to the politicking etc., I'd say go for it.

Have you not had cramping etc on previous pregnancies? It's one of my first signs of pregnancy. Not very different from pregnancy cramps but more stretchy, less overtly painful although some sharp stabs from time to time. Does that sound familiar?