Friday, March 05, 2010

I don't know why I bother

I have been religiously doing my exercises at least twice a day, plus swimming and Pilates, since my last clinic appointment for my shoulder. It has not moved on appreciably from where it was. A manipulation now won't help as they mainly help when (I think I have this right) either most of the difficulty is due to a frozen shoulder (physical movement is possible but not when initiated by the, er owner of the shoulder) OR when the movement is hard in all directions.

I can now move pretty much as far as one would like in the forward direction, not quite 100% but very functional backwards (did I mention I can do up my bra? I can do up my bra!), but completely cr*p sideways. 100 degrees out of 180. I have no idea why people keep asking me if this is enough. No it flipping isn't enough. Would you be ready to give up swimming (I drown if I try to do front crawl), yoga, and quite a bit of Pilates? OK, perhaps you don't care about those - but would you not at least like the option to be able to take them up in the future, should you feel so inclined.

No comments: