Monday, January 02, 2012

Open Adoption Roundtable #33


This Roundtable asks

"What did you learn about open adoption in 2011?"

A couple of things immediately spring to mind:

1: It is possible to be too open - I had a very early lesson in how even seemingly innocuous information can be misinterpreted.

2: as a follow on to 1: it's never wrong to be cautious. I have been practising, and using, the phrase "that's not really our information to share".

However the last couple of weeks, with my new role of "listening ear" to N, has taught me also that Mr Spouse is even more on the same page as me regarding openness. We are both comfortable drawing parallels between this new family relationship, and existing relationships, and they are the same parallels - and having those parallels also makes the relationship less scary.


1 comment:

Sebastian Clouth said...

Hello! I am the Family editor at Before It's News, a people-powered news site serving over 4 million people a month. We publish over 4,000 user-generated posts each day at BeforeItsNews.com.

I was wondering if you would be interested in receiving a short email of our top 5 Family stories each week? We have a lot of stories that the mainstream media don't cover. I think you'd find it a great source of unique information. If it's ok, please just email me at Zstieber@beforeitsnews.com with a yes and your blog name. You have my iron-clad promise that your email address will not be used for any other purpose or be added to any mailing lists.

I would also be your personal contact at Before It's News, should you ever have questions or need anything. 

By the way, we also offer free WordPress blog hosting, and we can syndicate your RSS feed, if you're interested. Just let me know.

Thanks! -Zack Stieber