Saturday, June 01, 2013

Another one not so good

If you have been reading for a while you may remember that a former colleague lost their baby to SIDS last year. Their third son was born last month but only lived 2 weeks, in Intensive Care. 

I really don't know what to say, but was listening to a piece on the recent death of a child in Wales (I won't put the name) and another mother whose child was killed said that she hated people not saying anything in case they were "raking things up", because it is always at the forefront of your mind.  I know we have not experienced what this family have, but on that I do agree, so I have resolved to try and message her occasionally (and, because I sent a card last time, to send another card), just because I don't want to be that person that crosses the road (metaphorically).

1 comment:

Twangypearl the Elastic Girl said...

I agree that is the side to err on. A gentle SMS saying hello or offering a chat is not too intrusive, I always think.